Thursday, January 27, 2011

Monday Again

You are an amazing woman my mother!! You are never going to grow old because you are always working to be better. We don't grow old until we stop learning something new I say. I can't believe they are all leaving on their missions! and Lisa Callister! I'm happy for them.
I agree with you about Park City- I fell ostracized out in Park City- I don't mind Heber though it's more like a city not a tourist attraction and it's safer- old country, kids can run outside and play....I believe the city suburbs have made me very grateful for where we live.
I read the "anonymous" story of the keys in the door and Grandma and Grandpa's letter! The police didn't say that it was them at all they just shined their lights in our house and kept trying to get through the chain! Yelling police would be a good way to get people to open their door to hear the gospel no?.....
I've been studying a lot about Ammon and brethren and their missionary work lately. The Anti Nephi Lehi's have just born their testimony that they will not fight against their brethren anymore after knowing of the price our Savior has paid. I was wondering what covenants are we willing to keep with that level of conviction- do we always act according to what we know? I know that covenants bring us salvation. "Be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you." 1 Peter 3:15
This week was incredible because we exercised our faith and stretched our goals. In the mission we have a goal to talk with 70 people each every week but this week Hermana Pahulu and I decided to talk with 90 people each. We met many wonderfully prepared people and many news came to church. There is no limit to the Lord's miracles and power. I know that if we want to increase our faith it is not enough just to live the commandments but we much continually serve and sacrifice, we must choose not to have the thoughts of " I have done enough for right now, I'm going to take a break" "why do i have to prove myself over and over again?" or "I don't deserve this setback" We will always be indebted to our Heavenly Father. I know that no circumstance or trial that we face should be a reason to hold back something from the Lord.
I love you all so much!!! Have a wonderful week!!!
Jess

1 comment:

  1. I have been following this ever since you started. And I don't think I have ever thanked you. SO THANK YOU!! And thank you Mariellen for sending you the emails. Jess is one of my most favorite people in the world and I have been royally a slacker when it comes to writing her. This way I at least get to know what is going on and get to hear her testimony continually.

    ReplyDelete