Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sunday is a day of Rest

Good Morning Mother Ray!!
Sounds like you might have had a busier Sunday than us! I would love to be part of the Hospitality Committee for the Women's Conference in April. How was the Homecoming?
We began our Sunday morning as normal with our 8:00 personal study and 9:00 Comp study. Then it begins....we spend our mornings making sure investigators have rides or know how to get to church at 11:00 am. We met one member over at a complex to pick up Juan Garcia then went to meet Marla Cantu so she could follow us, then we needed to stop by another complex so la familia Parra could follow after marla's car and two other members picked up the rest. Nevertheless we had a train headed to the church and we barely made it in time so that Sister Pahulu and I could speak in Sacrament meeting. (For the first time I didn't have to read my talk word for word in spanish so that was a blessing!) 15 of our investigators came to church yesterday and recieved some amazing answers to their prayers. Ruben will be baptized in two weeks. He is from Mexico and doesn't have any family here. He is a very intense hispanic and talks way too fast for my new companion but we make it through a lesson all right. He asks amazing questions in lessons. I love good questions.
This week went by fast and life seems to fly by faster- especially on the mission. I have had an awakening of things i've always wanted to accomplish on the mission and in life which came in the form of a SINGLE WHITE HAIR. Yes, you heard right....my companion Sister Pahulu boldly mentioned that I had a white hair in my pony tail. Where did that come from??? Maybe all the investigators that have not come to church, not kept their commitments, weren't at home when we had members with us, losing the keys, visits from police officers, running around like crazy on sunday mornings, biking like Armstrong to get to our next appointment, companion breakdowns....who knows....it could be many things that brought the vibrant white strand of hair to my head but without further balking (that is how you spell it correct?) life goes on and I must live in the moment of realizing dreams and doing the work of the Lord... I'm so grateful to be missionary, grateful to serve our Lord and Savior and grateful for the restored Gospel on the earth today.
Love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment